Monday, June 11, 2012

Degrade: to lower in character or 


quality; debase....to reduce in amount, 


strength, intensity, etc. ...




 Growing up... I can honestly say that I've had the best friends in the entire world. I've been such a blessed person in that area. Never have any of the people I hung around asked me to change any part of my character... my personality... who I am. They never even mentioned anything negative about me, because I am just a respected person because I give respect. Though I can be a negative person at times, I have a very uplifting, bubbly personality. I can make people laugh.. hell... I make myself laugh sometimes. I have been told when I have done something to upset someone and how it needs to be solved... I've been told when I've made mistakes... but never have I been told to change how I am.


Recently I've been put in a position where I'm constantly being degraded. I have been told to tone down my personality. I have been told that people can't handle my intensity. The way I express myself. And I have a very strong reaction to it. 


At first... I was like... well this makes me feel... and you're making me feel like this. It has nothing to do with MY feelings. It has absolutely nothing to do with anything that I have done wrong. Because Hello people, news flash. Being yourself isn't wrong. It's not unacceptable. And how fucking dare you have the audacity to open your mouth and tell me that I need to tone down who I am or change my personality. Seriously. How dare you? You DO NOT have the right do tell a person that. Take a look around. It's not the person's fault for acting the way they do, or having the personality they have, it's you who has the problem of not being able to accept who they are. It's you who cannot handle that everyone loves who I am. It's you who resents the fact that I can be friends with just about everyone I meet.  I cannot stand my words being turned around and manipulated into what the other person is feeling. And telling ME how a situation is when in fact, it's not a situation involving me at all.. it's a situation involving the other person and the other person only.


You are not allowed to tell me how to be. You are not allowed to degrade me. It is not okay for you to place the blame on anyone but yourself. It's not okay to say the problem lies within me. 


It is okay to admit that the problem lies within you.  


Do not patronize me. Do not degrade me. Do not be little me. Do not devalue me.








You do not get to do that. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment