Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year

I really sat down and thought about what the New Year meant. I knew that it was changing from 2011 to 2012.... and that we have 364 day's to go until it's 2013... But what does this New Year really mean?

To me, this new year is a clean slate. It's a chance to start fresh. To let go of all the bad year's you had before this one and make this year the best. So I thought of resolutions that could help me to have a good 2012.

1-  I'm going to just start living instead of worrying so much. I spend a lot of my time worrying about this and worrying about that.. Worrying that something won't go right or worrying about if something does go right, when it's going to stop being right. I just want to be me. I just want to stop worrying about what people think of me.... who cares? As long as I know who I am, who cares what anyone thinks of me?!!! Stop worrying about when I'm going to find a man who wants to be with me... who might possibly want to marry me some day and just wait for it to happen naturally. I just simply want to live. 

2- This is something that I don't want to do but something that I NEED to do. I NEED to start living a healthier lifestyle. Not necessarily going on a strict diet but, cutting down proportions when I eat... and yes eating healthier foods, but not cutting out all the foods that I love either. And not just eating healthier but, exercising as well... incorporating exercise into my life daily or if not daily, then at least 3-4 times a week. I just want to feel better about myself. And not just that, but I don't want to have a heart attack at the age of 21. Not that I'm close to that, but I could be if I keep going the way I'm going. I also don't want to be so over weight that I can't have children. It is a huge fear of mine that because of the way I live and how big I am, that I won't be able to have kids. And that scares me. So a healthier lifestyle I will live.

3- I want to really follow my dreams with photography. If I have an idea, find a model to help me get the idea out. If I want to send my portfolio to a magazine, then take that leap of faith and send it in. Whether anything great comes from it or not, that doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is that I keep trying. That I don't give up. That if I get shot down from a major magazine company or anything that I choose to do, that I take whatever critique they may give me and try to make my work better. And then send it in again. And just keep trying and trying even if each time I keep failing. I want to be able to say that I have never given up on something that I am so passionate about. I also hope that I can really take off with my personal photography. Such as family portraits, senior portraits, weddings, etc. I want to become more aggressive and go after what I really want. I have the skills and knowledge to be really great, and I want to prove to the world that I can be.

4- And last but not least... I want to start a memory jar. It is just a mason jar that you decorate and you cut a hole in the top of the jar.. you write down a good or bad memory that happened to you every single day of the year. And at the end of the year, you can read them... and if not, you can just save them until you want to read them. I'm going to really do this.... I'm going to write down a good memory every single day and put it in my jar. If my friends want to contribute to the memories, that's even better! But I'm going to really follow through with this. I will bring my jar everywhere so I never miss a memory =].

I hope you all have a wonderful and happy new year and that you can accomplish all you want to accomplish in 2012 <3

                                             Love, Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment