Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Time Stands Still

Time stands still. Blurs of motion is all i can see as the people around me rush to help. Their mouths move, but no sound comes out. Just the silence that hangs over my head is heard. Long white halls lead us to our unwanted destination. Five minutes turns into long, excruciating, hours. So it seems. The bad news has brought us it's verdict. But I refuse to listen. My best friend can't be gone.

Dark cold room. Empty. Except for the lifeless body that lays in peace, on the crispy white sheets. The overwhelmed family stands in a hand held circle. The man speaks a prayer. But I'm not listening. I can only hear silence.

Alone. His hands are cold. But no amount of cold can erase the love in those hands. Hugs are given with no return. I beg for this to be a dream. My best friend can't be gone. Dad. You can't be gone.

Time Stands Still.

No comments:

Post a Comment