Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Critiquing..

So I was in class yesterday when my instructor said... " Go through a magazine, each picture that makes you stop and really look at it, flag.. after you're done flagging all the pictures that make you stop , go back and write down why they made you stop then try to do the same thing in your images"

So I did that.  I took the pictures with my camera to put them on here so they're not good quality, much better in the magazine...I'm not posting all that I chose because there's so many but, I chose my favorites and decided I'd share them with you. I wrote my favorite things about the image which sounds more like I'm critiquing it but, I  hope you guys enjoy! I'm going to start trying to do the same things in my images to make them page stopping good! =D

V O G U E   [ December 2010 issue ] 
I really love this images because of the tones. I feel like black and white makes this image as strong as it is. I love the way she is holding the jewelry and how her hand going through her hair matches that exact gesture. Her make up is just right. It's not too light and not too dark but it's powerful enough to match the tones in the Jewelry . I really love this picture. 

The reason I stopped on this image is basically because of her dress. I love the flow and her pose. The pose makes the dress seem more flowy. I would do this image only in a different location =].

What mainly attracted me to this image were her sunglasses and her blond hair. I love the snow and the fact that she is drinking coffee. The purse is nice but I would love the image without it as well.

I love this picture SO much! Her dress is so beautiful! The fact that he is looking at her, to me, makes it more intimate. I love the city in the background and the wetness of the ground. It's just a perfect picture!

I have loved this image for a very long time! I absolutely love her pose. Her facial expression is perfect. She is just beautiful! She's back lit which is my favorite kind of lighting. I love the glare in the left hand corner. One of my favorite images in the magazine.

What attracts me to this picture the most are the sparkly confetti's that are falling! Her shirt and jewelry match the mood/look of this image perfectly. Love her facial expression as well. Would love to get a capture like this!

I'm involve with this pose! It's so simple, relaxed and inviting. Black and white is a great choice. I love the tones. I also like that she's only wearing a black, off the shoulder sweater.

Basically the only thing I really love about this picture is the fabric on the head. I would do a different pose and get rid of the perfume bottle to make it my own. 

There is really nothing complicated about this image. It's simple. I like her simple expression. The hair and make up is not over done. Its naturally beautiful! I love it!

Another really simple image. Her hair is perfect. If we had a long haired woman, it would be a different picture. Her shirt matches the background so it all ties in together. I really love this. 

I really love soft toned images. And I think that's why I'm so drawn into this picture. She's also really pretty. I like the huge perfume bottle as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment